- Using Our Contact Forms: When you use our contact forms, we'll make sure we protect your interests. Seriously Digital promises never to sell your data to any third parties and by using our contact forms, you do NOT automatically get opted into any marketing communications. By using our contact forms, you consent to receive an email or phone call back from us to the number or email address you provided.
- How Can You Opt Out Of Marketing Communications? If you're concerned that you haven't gotten removed from our email newsletter, please use our contact form (citing your email address), and we'll aim to get your details removed within 24 hours.
- I Have Another Concern, How Can I Get In Touch With You? We take your concerns about privacy and security seriously. If you need to contact us regarding anything that you may be worried about, please use the contact form on our 'Contact Us' page and leave a message. We'll respond to you within 24 hours and help put your mind at ease.
What Kind Of Personal and Business Information Does Seriously Digital Process:
When you enquire through the Seriously Digital website, we will need to collect additional information about your business to provide you with the best possible service. To cover the information we collect is carried out through a document entitled 'Privacy and Rights Documentation' and the information we ask for includes (but may not be limited to):
- Information About Your Business: Using an onboarding questionnaire, we'll ask you to fill out information about your business. We'll ask where your business is and the type of services you provide to get a fuller picture of what you do.
- Google Ads Login Details: To provide you with information to highlight how our services improve your website's advertising we'll need you to share access with Seriously Digital for us to log in and manage your Ads account each month.
- Google Analytics Login Details: To provide you with information to highlight how our services improve your website's advertising we'll need you to share access with Seriously Digital for us to log in and manage your Google Analytics account each month.
- Google Business Profile Manager Login Details: To provide you with information to highlight how our services improve your website's advertising we'll need you to share access with Seriously Digital for us to log in and manage your Google My Business account each month.
- Google Search Console Login Details: To provide you with information to highlight how our services improve your website's advertising we'll need you to share access with Seriously Digital for us to log in and manage your Google Search Console account each month.
- Bing Webmaster Login Details: To provide you with information to highlight how our services improve your website's advertising we'll need you to share access with Seriously Digital for us to log in and manage your Bing Webmaster account each month.
- Bing Places Login Details: To provide you with information to highlight how our services improve your website's advertising we'll need you to share access with Seriously Digital for us to log in and manage your Bing Places account each month.
- Social Media Login Details: Seriously Digital will require access (if you choose this as part of your service with us) to your businesses Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+ pages to carry out the search engine and marketing related changes to these pages (to drive more traffic through these channels).
- Website Hosting Login Details: To carry out changes to your website, on-page content, SEO, Ads, Bing Ads and Google Analytics we will need you to share the login details to your site hosting company (e.g. Unlimited Web Hosting) for us to login to your FTP server and edit your web pages.
- I.P Address: To create a Google Analytics filter to block your I.P address and sessions from your I.P address from showing up and corrupting your Google Analytics data (optional but we recommend this) we create an exclude filter to ensure you have accurate, actionable Analytics data.
- Certain Bank Account Details: Specific bank account details will be needed to add payment methods to your Google Ads, or Bing ads account for your ads to run. Adding these details is done over the phone to avoid sensitive information from being shared as text documents or emails.
- Email Address and Login Details: We use your email login details to set up email whitelisting on your behalf (if you do not know how to do so) and to check that inbound website leads from your marketing campaigns are not put into spam email folders.
- FTP Login Details: We use your FTP login details to log onto your server to carry out content optimisations, SEO services, Ads services, Analytics services or the creation of an entirely new website on your behalf.
- WordPress Login Details: We use your WordPress login details to log onto your server to carry out content optimisations, SEO services, Ads services, Analytics services or the creation of an entirely new website on your behalf.
- Hotjar Login Details And Account Access: If you opt to use Hotjar's visitor recordings and heatmap software during your time with Seriously Digital, we will require access to your email address and login password for this service to set up the tracking code and pages you wish to create heat maps to help us collect feedback.
- Tawk.to (Live Chat) Login Details And Account Access: If you opt to have a live chat installed on your website Seriously Digital will require your email login details for this service to implement the software code onto the pages of your site.
- SEMrush Login Details And Account Access: If you use our SEO services, we will require your email address login details for SEMrush (we can register on your behalf if you are uncertain) to set up a site audit and keyword rank tracking.
- Your Contact Details: As part of our regular contact with clients, we may need to collect a frequently used email address or phone number to maintain consistent lines of communication with your business.
What Is The Source Of Your Personal Information:
Seriously Digital will collect information from the following sources:
- From Our Contact Forms: When you use a contact form anywhere on the Seriously Digital website, we will use the information provided to assess your request and to get in contact with you regarding our services.
- Direct Emails: When you use our website or social media pages to find out more about Seriously Digital and the services we offer you may contact us using our direct email address. The information you provide via a direct email will then be used to get back in touch with you and help you with your project.
- Phone Calls: When you call Seriously Digital to discuss a project or request or expertise on digital advertising matters we will make a note of your contact telephone number and any other information pertinent to your request during the phone call with us.
- Social Media: When you contact us using social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ and others) to discuss a project or express interest in our services, we will ask for a contact email address, website URL, phone number and name to help you with your request.
What Do We Use Your Personal Information For:
Seriously Digital will use your information to carry out website optimisations and digital advertising services for your business:
- Updating Our Website Content: Seriously Digital will use personal information to improve the clarity of written content, add new images and grammatical performance changes to page text to increase the likelihood of website conversion.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Seriously Digital will use personal information to optimise your website for search engines like Google and Bing. These optimisations includes targeting on-page keywords, improving written content, carrying out technical optimisations and performing speed optimisations to keep you in line with Google's best practice guidelines.
- Google Ads Set Up: Seriously Digital will use personal information to set up or modify your Google Ads digital advertising account. These changes to your advertising account includes setting up conversion tracking, creating text ads, targeting keywords, creating ad extensions and targeting locations near your business.
- Google Analytics Set Up: Seriously Digital will use personal information to set up or modify your Google Analytics tracking code. The setup includes implementing the tracking code throughout your website, setting up goals to help you track performance and setting up filters to provide you with accurate user session data.
- Bing Ads Set Up: Seriously Digital will use personal information to set up or modify your Bing Ads digital advertising account. The setup includes setting up conversion tracking, creating text ads, targeting keywords, creating ad extensions and targeting locations near your business.
- Updating Your Information: Seriously Digital will contact you annually to ask you to update the information we have on record regarding your business.
- To Improve How Seriously Digital Delivers Our Services: Your information, feedback and testimonial will be used to help us increase our business processes and services.
- To Invoice You For Our Services: Seriously Digital will use personal contact information to raise invoices with your businesses for the services we provide.
- To Perform Marketing and Web Design Tasks On Your Behalf: Seriously Digital will use personal information to carry our web design and digital advertising tasks on your behalf.
What Are The Legal Grounds For Our Processing Of Your Personal Information:
Seriously Digital relies on the following legal bases to use your personal information.
- To Provide You With Our Business Services: Digital advertising and website design services, analytical and optimisation services, management of your digital marketing efforts, provide you with updated records of the information we use on your behalf and to set up analytical, tracking and digital advertising accounts on your behalf (e.g. Hotjar, SEMrush, Ads, Analytics etc.)
- When It Is In Our Legitimate Business Interest To Do So: To adhere to governmental and regulatory best practices with regards to respecting your privacy when you decide to use our services. To keep track of staff correspondence with your business to ensure you are treated fairly and kept informed throughout a project (be it ongoing or single contract). To help your business meet and exceed business targets through the services provided by Seriously Digital.
- To Adhere and Comply With Legal Obligations: Seriously Digital will take every step to ensure GDPR and legal compliance when working with and providing your business with services.
- To Do So With Your Consent: To process your personal information with regards to advertising accounts, social media, website related or other general marketing services.
When Does Seriously Digital Share Your Personal Information With Other Organisations:
Seriously Digital does not currently share your personal information with any other organisations. If we are ever required legally to share information with an organisation, we will inform you as to why and what your options are with regards to this decision.
How Can You Remove Your Consent And How Long Does It Take To Do So:
To withdraw your consent and remove your data you can do the following:
- Withdrawing Your Information: You can withdraw your consent at any time (though please note this will affect the services we provide you with) by contacting our data protection officer using the following email address: email@example.com. You can also refer to your 'Privacy and Rights Documentation' to find out how this will affect your relationship with us. Seriously Digital will remove your information within one working month of receipt of your request to erase your data with us.
What Actions Should You Take If Your Information Changes:
To make changes to information held by Seriously Digital you can update us the following ways:
- Updating Your Information: You can email us to request that we update your records or you can request access to your information and we'll send you a document over via email (or via Google Docs) for you to update.
Do You Have To Provide Seriously Digital With Personal Information:
Providing Seriously Digital with your personal information allows us to carry out ongoing and single contract work for your business:
- Do I Have To Provide My Personal Information: You will have to provide us with personal information for us to carry out our digital advertising and web design services as we will be unable to offer our services without specific knowledge. If there is specific optional information you can provide us with we will make it clear that this information is optional (though we may highlight how it may be of benefit to your business).
- What If I Do Not Wish To Provide Personal Information: That's fine! However, Seriously Digital will be unable to offer you our digital advertising and web design services as a result.
How Long Is Your Personal Information Retained By Seriously Digital:
Seriously Digital will require specific information to provide ongoing monthly services or for single purpose contracts and will need to keep information on record to carry out our digital services without delay:
- How Long Do We Keep The Information For: For clients that pay us a monthly retainer, we will keep your personal information on record until such a time where you choose to take your website or digital advertising services to another provider and away from Seriously Digital. For clients that use us for one-off contracts we will retain a copy of your information for six months from the date we completed the work for you. We do this in case you return to us or if you wish to query any of the work we carried out on your behalf. You can refer to your 'Privacy and Rights Documentation' for more information on this.
What Are Your Rights Under The New Data Protection Laws (GDPR):
The new data protection laws (GDPR) have been put in place to ensure companies have your explicit consent when carrying out services on your behalf. It means you have the right to be informed, access your information, change it or request deletion of your data within one working month of you making the request:
- The Right To Be Informed: About the way in which Seriously Digital processes your personal information and what we use it for.
- The Right To Have Your Personal Information Updated or Corrected: If our records are inaccurate or if you've recently updated your details you have the right to contact us and request that we update your records, login information and any other personal information that Seriously Digital may be used to carry out digital advertising and web design services on your behalf.
- The Right To Object To The Processing Of Your Information: If at any time you are unhappy with the information or method in which Seriously Digital processes your data you can object to us directly or through the Information Commissioner's Office.
- The Right To Restrict Processing: You have the right to restrict the frequency and way in which we process your personal information.
- The Right To Erasure: You have the right to request any or all information held by Seriously Digital on your behalf to be deleted within one working month of your request.
- The Right To Request Access: You can make a formal request to access your personal information which is held by Seriously Digital and we will aim to meet this request within one working month.
- The Right To Data Portability: You can make a formal request to move, copy or transfer the information held on record by Seriously Digital. Again, we aim to meet this request within one working month of us receiving your request.
- The Right To Not Be Included In Automated Decision Making: You have the right not to get included in any process in which decisions are made about your business automatically and without your consent. The type of automated choices that may affect you could have a potential legal effect on you or harms you in any other significant way.
- The Right To Lodge A Complaint: You have the right to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office by visiting this URL or you can contact Seriously Digital's data protection officer.
The Right To Object:
Seriously Digital respects your right to object to any or all ways in which we process your personal information:
- Objecting To The Way In Which Your Information Is Processed: You can object to certain ways Seriously Digital processes your information. E.g. if you are unsure if we have a legitimate legal reason to handle the specific information you can request more information or make a formal objection.
Changing This Privacy Notice:
Seriously Digital will periodically update this privacy notice and notify you when we do so:
Contacting Us Regarding Your Privacy:
Seriously Digital is available to answer any or all concerns you may have with regards to your privacy when paying for our services:
- Contact Us: Contact our data protection officer or use our contact page if you wish to raise any issue with this policy or points contained within your 'Privacy and Rights Documentation'.
Seriously Digital is in the process of updating privacy practices and how we gather consent from clients. To read more about the steps we're taking please refer to our GDPR documentation for more information.
Information Collected Through Our Website:
The Seriously Digital website will collect session data through Google Analytics. The collection of session data tells us which pages engage you as a customer or provide you with the information you were searching for. We also gain insights on how much time you spend on a single given page and whether or not you made a successful enquiry by using one of our contact forms. We also collect your data through our online enquiry forms and is limited to the fields on any given form: your full name, contact number, email address and your request). Should you request a call back from us, we may ask you for the following articles of information depending on what your request is: your full name, email address, website URL, marketing spend, marketing goals and what industry you operate in.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics:
If ever we advertise for third parties we will make it clear that links affiliated with certain products or services are made clear. Our site uses Google Analytics to help us understand what information and pages you find useful after we have this information we then aim to improve content on these pages or add additional pages to help you get the information or services you need.
- Affiliate Links: Seriously Digital does not currently (14/08/2021) use affiliate links to generate money to keep our site running or promote new services. When this changes, we will clearly state which links on our website are affiliate ones.
- Sponsored Content: At this present time (14/08/2021) Seriously Digital does not run sponsored content. If this ever changes we will mark any and all posts as 'sponsored'.
- Analytics: As stated previously, our site uses Analytics to assess the pages you visit while using the Seriously Digital website and how you find our site through search engines.
Data Retention Period:
While you are an active client of Seriously Digital we will retain copies of all email correspondence between yourself and us should you ever wish to refer back to emails when you initially start communicating with us. You are an active client if:
- We Manage Your Website: If you paid for a website using Seriously Digital we provide content update services free of charge until a time where you decide to move on from us and have your website created elsewhere.
- We Manage Your Monthly Advertising Accounts: If Seriously Digital manages your Bing Ads, Google Ads or Search Engine Optimisation efforts each month (a service billed on a month-to-month basis) then you are considered an active client. We will retain information with regards to advertising platforms, social media and analytical accounts until such a time where you decide to move on from Seriously Digital and have your advertising managed elsewhere. If you do not meet the above criteria, then you are not considered as an active client. If this is your case, Seriously Digital will retain copies of your email correspondence with for six months before deleting them permanently.
The star ratings used on the Seriously Digital website gets taken from our Google My Business, Trustpilot and Facebook pages. These reviews get reflected on an individual basis; meaning we do not use the same review across multiple platforms to inflate our total number of reviews. The rating widgets found on the Google results pages are unique reviews, and the average star rating given for each unique review applies the same principle (again: we do not use duplicate reviews across multiple platforms to inflate our star rating value). We do take unique reviews from different platforms and add them to our overall star rating score. We do this because some clients find it easier to leave a review on Facebook than they do on Google and we like to be flexible in the way we allow clients to leave feedback for services we've provided.
Seriously Digital uses HTML, PHP and WordPress templates, frameworks and themes to build websites. We do not claim ownership of these templates, themes or frameworks in any way. When you pay us to create a website you are in-part paying for the framework we use to build your website; moreover, you are paying for our knowledge of content optimisation, SEO, Analytics, technical troubleshooting and Google Ads. In addition to this Seriously Digital provides ongoing website support whereby we'll make text, image and marketing related changes to your website to help you attract more business and provide you with any information regarding the performance of your site. Finally, we customise the templates, frameworks and themes we use to ensure they are well-optimised for search engines like Google and Bing and that their page speed gets optimised for the upcoming algorithm update anticipated this Summer (2018).
Your Continued Protection:
Seriously Digital has gone a step further with our dedication to user security, as of the 14th of August 2021 we now use an SSL certificate to encrypt any transmitted data that comes through our website (look in your browser bar for the green padlock) in a continued effort to provide useful and secure services to website visitors. Your security when using our site is paramount, and if you are not satisfied with anything on our site, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can put your mind at ease.